Checking a few more things off the punch-list towards the completion of our DynaMyte 2800 conversion.
This week I take a few moments to repair my old heat shrink gun. I’ve had this gun forever and it recently broke. I was going to replace it but then discovered that the manufacturer, Master Appliance in Racine Wisconsin, still offers repair parts. They’ve been making heat guns since 1958.
The CNC milling machine retrofit marches on with more wiring. I designed the last iteration of the servo motor adapter plate (hopefully). The I 3-D printed the plate with ABS filament and mounted it to the machine. It’s quite possible that the 3-D printed motor adapter is strong enough to machine its own aluminum replacement!… Continue reading Wiring Woes…
Going down through the punch-list of odds and ends that need to happen to finish this Centroid Acorn mill retrofit on the DynaMyte CNC bed mill. Designed a replacement for the missing Z axis counterweight cover and had a local fab shop make it for me, created new wiring harnesses for all the stepper motors,… Continue reading DynaMyte Mill Centroid Acorn Retrofit: more progress
Working on replacing the original spindle motor on my DynaMyte 2800 with a DMM DYN4 Servo System. Going to try a 750 Watt AC Servo Motor- the 86M-DHT from Dynamic Motor Motion. In this video I prepare the mill for installation of the new motor and rearrange the electrical panel for the DYN4 AC Servo… Continue reading DMM DYN4 Servo Spindle Retrofit
We have an ambulance built on a 1994 Ford E-350 cutaway chassis. It is a 7.3 IDI diesel. After swapping out the battery I discuss my future plans for the vehicle. Some of the ideas are creating an ambulance camper conversion, use it as a party bus, build an ambulance based tiny house, or a… Continue reading Ambulance Conversion
Continuing on with the wiring of the electrical panel for the Dyna Myte CNC machine. I primarily focused on getting the Gecko G251X drives wired up as well as some I/O on the Centroid Acorn board. I made up a custom DB25 breakout cable for the step and direction signals and the input points were… Continue reading Dyna Myte DM2800 Restoration Part #004
This week work continued on the Dyna Mechatronics retrofit. I turned my attention to the electrical panel. Reusing the Stepper power supply and spindle drive while updating the controller to a Centroid Acorn and Gecko stepper drives. This week was primarily spent cleaning up the old panel and figuring out the layout for the new… Continue reading Dyna Myte DM2800 Restoration Part #003