A few more odds and ends on the CNC Milling Machine Restoration. Taking care of a few issues and progress on the chip guards.
This week I track down an oil leak on the DynaMyte 2800 milling machine. The line feeding the Y axis ball nut came undone and oil ended up pumping into the chip tray. A simple repair but unfortunately requires tearing about the X&Y axis assembly.
In the process, I end up stripping out the X axis drive belt and need to replace it.
I had to modify the monitor and keyboard tray position in order to make room for the chip guard. Back in October I discovered that the keyboard tray interfered with the chip guard.
Finally, thanks to a viewer, I received a complete set of the missing sheet metal guards for the mill. This was a big fast forward to the project and saved me a bunch of fabrication time. I refinish the new parts and get them installed on the machine to button up the project.